Thanjavur Painting (Tanjore Painting – an alternate name) is one of the many indigenous art forms for which India is noted. What is special about the paintings? This style of paintings mainly consist of themes are mostly mythological and depicts Hindu gods and goddesses. The most favorite theme of the painters includes the figures of Lord Krishna and his consorts in various poses and depicting various stages of his life. Presiding deities of various famous temples are also being depicted in the paintings. The present day painters are experimenting Gods and Goddesses of other popular religions: say Lord Buddha, Jesus Christ, Guru Nanak, Islamic prophets as well as birds, animals, building structures and other subjects.
- It's a great way to explore Indian history and I have an intense inner compulsion to join innovative groups and re-learn about heritage destinations - bastions, caves, temples, towers, palaces, pillars, ruined forts, tombs, excavations and other beautiful monuments scattered all over the country and enjoy the art, archaeology, architecture, culture and cuisines.
My other interests include: Spirituality, Religion, Health and Fitness literacy, Functional literacy and Personal growth literacy, Personal Finance literacy, Cultural literacy, Critical literacy, Photography and visual literacy.
I also post on the blogs as listed below
GEETHAM SANGEETHAM : http://geedhamsangeedham.
KNOW YOUR ENGLISH SKILLS : http://know-your-english-
KNOW YOUR HINDU RELIGION : http://know-your-hindu-
KNOW YOUR MANTRA : http://know-your-mantra.
LEARN TO EARN FROM INTERNET HOME BUSINESS : http://blog-casts.blogspot.
LIGHTER MOMENTS OF LIFE : http://lightermomentsoflife.
SCRIBD : https://www.scribd.com/user/
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► 2016 (20)
- Food in Sangam Literature 1: Evolution of Man and ...
- Food in Sangam Literature 2: Introduction to Ethni...
- Food in Sangam Literature 3: Rice and Millet in Sa...
- Food in Sangam Literature 4: Meat in Sangam Tamil ...
- Food in Sangam Literature 5: Food Habits in Five ...
- Kolli Hills: Ancient Hill of Valvil Ori, a Sangam ...
- Sugarcane in Sangam Literature
- ▼ June (7)
I Write About...
16th Century (1) 2014 (19) Adichanallur (1) Ancient canonical texts (1) Architecture (30) Brick Structure (1) Cairn Circle (1) Chitra Pournami (1) Cholas (14) Cist (1) Dolemen (1) Festival (3) Flowers (1) Hero Stones (1) Hindu Temple (17) Hindu temple architecture (12) Hood Stones (1) India (2) Inscription (18) Kannagi (1) Kapilar (1) Karakkoyil (1) Karthikai (1) Kerala (7) Kundalini (1) Kurincippattu (1) Lingodbavar (1) Mangala Devi Temple (1) Maratha (1) Megalithic Period (1) Melakadambur (1) Menhirs (1) Painting (1) Pallavas (9) Pallipadai (4) Pradosham (1) Raja Raja Cholan I (5) Rishabarudar (1) Saluvankuppam (1) Sangam Period (15) Sculptor (1) Shiva (3) Subramanya Temple (1) Tamil Literature (6) Tamil Nadu (12) Temple (12) Thanjavur (3) Thanjavur Painting (1) The Cholas (8) The Pallavas (2) Urn Burials (1) Vastu Shastra (2)
Blogs - Useful - Informative
- Art Silpi Life & Works
- Astrology Spirituality & Vastu Vidya
- Blog Badri Seshadri
- Glossary Architectural Terms
- Glossary. Student's,
- Google: Indian Temple Architecture
- Heritage Ajivika Wallacian
- Heritage Chennaitian
- Heritage Hindu Mythology. Decode
- Heritage India Divine
- Heritage Indian Temples & Iconography
- Heritage Kathie' Blog
- Heritage Leherensuge
- Heritage Madras Vignettes
- Heritage Pandya Nadu Centre for Historical Research Madurai
- Heritage Poetry in Stone
- Heritage Popular Temples of India
- Heritage Powershow.com
- Heritage Prasada Indian Temple
- Heritage REACH Foundation
- Heritage Saurabh Saxena Indian History and Architecture
- Heritage Sreenivasarao's blogs
- Heritage Srinivasa Rao.S
- Heritage Swamy's Blog
- Heritage Tamil Heritage தமிழ் பாரம்பரியம்
- Heritage Templenet
- Heritage Temples of Karnataka
- Heritage Temples of Tamil Nadu
- Heritage Thenkongu
- Heritage Triangulation Hindu Gods
- Heritage Varalaru.com
- History Controverisies in History
- History India That was
- History Indian History
- Hitsory of Visual Art
- Megaliths of India
- Travel Bhushavali N
- Travel Ace Guide
- Travel Anita Bora
- Travel Anuradha Goyal
- Travel Anuradha Shankar
- Travel Aravind GJ
- Travel Aruna Goyal
- Travel Be on the Road
- Travel Heritage Alayam Kanden
- Travel Heritage Raju's Temple Visits
- Travel Indian Bazaar
- Travel Indrani Share
- Travel Lakshmi Sharath
- Travel Maharashtra. Grandeur,
- Travel My India Travel
- Travel My Indian Travel
- Travel My Yatra Diary
- Travel Payana
- Travel Shadow Galore
- Travel Shooting Star
- Travel Sudhagee
- Travel Trip Wip
- Travel View 360
- Travel Visit India
- Travel Wandering Soul's Wander Tales
- Travel Windy Skies
- Varalarru Thulikal